Tuesday 25 May 2010

Chapter Eleven - Her Kiss is a Vampire Grin (Teaser)

“I should start playing nice for Royce,” she said, then turned to look at me. “He’s not as cruel when I play along, and if he thinks you’re causing the change in me… Maybe he’ll let me spend more time with you.”

“You don’t have to,” I told her softly.

“Do you think it would work?” she asked, gazing straight into my eyes. “Would it help you at all, being able to speak to me?”

“Maybe,” I admitted. “The more we know about Royce’s routines, the better. But there are other ways for Edward and I to do that.”

“But this would be the easiest, wouldn’t it?

I nodded, casting my gaze down to my lap.

“It’s settled then,” she said firmly, then swallowed audibly. “I’ll play nice.”

“Rose-”

“I want to do this,” she told me, smiling weakly. “I want to help, and if letting him…” She closed her eyes, gritting her teeth for a moment before recomposing herself and continuing, “If letting him think he’s won means we can get out faster, then I’ll do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment