Wednesday 5 May 2010

Chapter Eight - When He's Looking, She Falls Apart (Teaser #2)


I groaned under my breath. Great, yet another reason for Edward to be pissed at me.

“Why would I be pissed at you?”

I startled at the sound of Edward’s voice, almost crumpling to the floor in my haste to stand up.

“H-hi,” I choked out, grimacing as I swayed on the spot, completely overcome by dizziness since I’d stood up way more quickly than I should have.

“How’s your head?” he asked, looking at me through the mirror as he squirted some toothpaste on his brush.

“It’s okay, I guess,” I replied truthfully. “Thanks for leaving me the tablets.”

“Mhmm,” he hummed through a mouthful of toothpaste as he began to brush his teeth. I knew I should probably do the same – my mouth tasted disgusting – but couldn’t bring myself to move any closer to him just yet.

“Edward? Can I, um… Can I ask you a question?” I eventually asked once he’d almost finished brushing, looking down at my hands as I shifted nervously.

“Mm.” He held his finger up, signaling for me to wait a few moments, then finished rinsing his mouth out before turning round to face me. “Go ahead.”

Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment