Saturday 8 May 2010

Chapter Eight - When He's Looking, She Falls Apart (Teaser #3)


“The swelling’s gone down a bit,” he mused, gently running his fingers over the top of my foot.

“Yeah. They don’t hurt quite as much anymore. I think that’s down to Didyme’s pills though,” I replied, still not able to look him in the eye.

“I guess me dragging you out to dance probably didn’t help though,” he said, sounding kind of sad.

“No, um…” I tucked some loose strands of hair behind my ear, staring down at his hand. “I liked dancing with you.”

He sighed softly. “And I you.”

He raised my foot slightly with one hand, then carefully positioned the shoe with his other one, glancing up at me for reassurance before slowly starting to push it onto my foot. I grimaced as the most swollen section of my toes squeezed into the shoe, but quickly covered it, gritting my teeth until the rest of the shoe was completely on.

“There,” he murmured, gazing up at me. I glanced down into his eyes, hyperaware of the way his hand was still cupping my calf, how strange it was to see him down on one knee like that… I looked away.

Edward cleared his throat slightly again and stood up, his hand accidentally grazing the outside of my thigh as he did so. I gasped softly as a new wave of memories washed over me, triggered by his touch.

Hands, sliding up my thighs, gripping my hips, helping set a rhythm that had us both gasping. Me, falling forwards, catching myself – just barely – with my hands. His lips, seeking mine. My hair, creating a curtain around our faces. Just me and him. Eyes locked.

Inhaling sharply, I looked up at him, and was surprised to see him staring at his hand like he’d somehow burned it. “I-”

No comments:

Post a Comment