Tuesday 27 April 2010

Chapter Seven - Baby Loves To Dance In The Dark (Teaser #2)


“We need to go.”

My eyes, which had been closed until that moment, snapped open, and I jerked back away from him, feeling my mouth fall open in shock. “Wh-what?”

“The party. We need to go back,” he said softly, his expression guarded.

“Right,” I muttered, then pushed him back away from me before sliding off the counter and straightening my dress out again, not bothering to try and find my panties in my haste to move away from him.

“Hey,” he called softly, reaching out and grabbing my wrist before I could get very far. “Stop.”

I clenched my eyes shut, willing myself not to cry, then gritted my teeth as he slowly turned me round to face him.

“Bella, look at me,” he murmured, sounding sad. I shook my head, weakly trying to pull my wrist from his grip, and he sighed sadly before stepping closer and cupping my cheeks in his hands, forcing me to look up at him.

“I’m not rejecting you."

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered this story and love it. Your website is pretty awesome too. I cannot wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete