Monday 12 April 2010

Chapter Six - Poker Face (Teaser)


“Bella…” Edward breathed, and if I didn’t know better, I’d say the concern and sadness on his face was real. “Oh, baby, they’re not going to hurt you.” He pressed his forehead to mine, holding me tighter against him. I wrapped my arms around him more firmly in return and closed my eyes as he continued, “Fuck, I’m so sorry. I forget how strange this must all be for you.”

“N-no, it’s okay,” I assured him. “I trust you and know you’ll keep me safe, but I just…” I paused, then sighed and shook my head. “I’m sorry. This isn’t a good time to talk about this. Not when we’re about to go to dinner with your colleagues.”

“If you want to talk, we can talk,” he said softly. “They’ll understand if we’re late.”

I shook my head again, then leaned in to kiss him deeply.

“I love you, Edward,” I whispered against his lips, not giving him the chance to reply before kissing him more firmly than before and tightening my hold on him with my legs. “I’ll be okay, I promise. I just… I need you to make me forget. Please.”

“How, baby?” he whispered as the hand which was beneath my dress slid up higher, then shifted until his fingers brushed the inside of one of my thighs. “Like this?”

No comments:

Post a Comment