Saturday 3 April 2010

Chapter Five - A Tear In The Membrane (Teaser #2)


“Shit!” I hissed, making my eyes widen as I looked up at Didyme. “Oh, my God, and my face!” I groaned, bringing my hand up to touch my cheek. “Di, is my cheek bruised? Does it show? Oh, my God, they can’t see me like this!”

I pushed the sheets off me and grimaced as I sat up, holding my ribs and started to get up off the bed, my panic both genuine and false at the same time. If Edward saw the bruise, he’d freak out, but if I covered it up too well, The Volturi would wonder how I was so good at hiding bruises… And the dress… most of the dresses Vicky had shoved onto me were low cut, backless, halterneck or strapless, not to mention above the knee. All of those would expose my injuries, and since I couldn’t really wear shoes…


“Oh, fuck, I can’t even wear shoes!” I whined, making my eyes well up with tears and I tried limping over to the bags of clothes again. Didyme reached out a gentle hand to stop me, then quickly stepped forwards to grip my forearms to help steady me.

“Bella, calm down,” she said softly. I made the tears in my eyes spill over, hiding my face behind my hair as if ashamed.

“Di, I can’t let people see me like this,” I choked out. “What will they think? I mean, what if they don’t think I’m good enough for him? What if they hate me? Oh, God, what if Edward’s embarrassed by me? What if he doesn’t want me to go with him? Di, you’ve gotta help me.”

1 comment:

  1. You are brilliant, bb! I love this story so much, but I love you more! Hehe.
    Mwah!
    Que quowle!

    ReplyDelete