Tuesday 6 April 2010

Chapter Five - A Tear In The Membrane (Teaser #3)


To my surprise, Edward had already changed out of his day clothes and into a white shirt and black slacks, and was just rolling up his sleeves when he turned to face me.

“That was quick,” I mused, gesturing towards him. He grinned, then shrugged.

“Maybe you’re just slow.”

“Mmm, maybe,” I murmured, then gave him a small smile before turning and slipping my dress off its hanger.

“Do you want some help?” he asked softly, and I heard him take a few steps towards me.

“Um, if you wouldn’t mind?” I glanced at him over my shoulder, then gasped when I realized he was now standing directly behind me. He smiled, shaking his head as he gently reached out and gripped my hips, pulling me back against him.

“Isabella,” he breathed as he dipped his head to kiss my shoulder and neck. My eyes fluttered closed at his touch, and I couldn’t stop myself from leaning back against him. “Of course I don’t mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment