Thursday 25 March 2010

Question Post #1

Hey, everyone.

So, because loads of people have questions about Camisado, I've decided to set up a little post here which will answer some of them and give you all the chance to ask more.

Obviously, certain questions can't be answered for the sake of spoiling the plot, but I'm willing to answer as many as I can for you all.

To start off, here are the main questions people have asked so far:

1) What is the significance of the title 'Camisado'?
2) Do I have an update schedule?
3) Why is Bella in the compound?
4) Why is Edward in the compound?
5) Who/What are the Volturi?
6) Why did Bella struggle to find the compound?

And here are my (stupidly long) answers:

1) I chose 'Camisado' as the title purely by accident. I wish I could come up with a brilliant, ingenious answer that made me look clever and sophisticated, but all it was was me putting my iPod on shuffle and hoping for the best. I came across the song Camisado by Panic! at the Disco, and immediately looked up the definition of the word, hoping it meant something related to what I was writing.

Here's what came up:

Camisado:
  • An attack made under cover of darkness.
  • In military tactics, a camisado, or camisade, is a surprise attack occurring at night, or at daybreak, when the enemy are supposed to be asleep.
  • A nocturnal ambush or surprising act of aggression.
Thank God for iPods, huh?


2) Unfortunately, I don't have one at the moment - I find they tend to limit me too much and make me freak out if I don't stick to them. However, if I do settle in to one, I'll let you all know :)


3) Hopefully, the story's summary and some of the most recent chapters have explained this somewhat, but I'll repeat what's been revealed just in case you missed it: Bella's in the compound to extract her targets, one of whom is Edward, gather some intel, then hightail it out of there. I wish I could say more without ruining things, but that simply isn't possible - sorry :(


4) Ah, Undercoverward.... I wish I could tell you why he's there without spoiling the plot, but unfortunately, all I can say is he's been there for four years as an undercover agent, working his way up the ranks of The Volturi. Let's just say that with those new ranks, he's been.... enlightened.


5) Again, I can't say much here, but The Volturi are basically a group that's run by Aro, and they're not a very nice bunch of people. At all.


6) The Volturi compound is somewhere that's almost impossible to locate and is incredibly well secured, making it very hard to get in to unless you know how. Bella's intel could only take her so far, and nobody was talking. The Volturi have their members on an EXTREMELY tight leash.


I hope this post has cleared things up for you, and please, please, please don't hesitate to comment on this post/message me on twitter/post on the thread with your questions - I love answering them.

Sophy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment