Tuesday 23 March 2010

Chapter One - No Accident (Teaser)


“You see, the problem we have here is that each time we get a surprise visitor like yourself, they turn out to be a fed or cop. And do you know what happens to those… visitors?” I looked up at him, wide eyed. “They disappear.”

I swallowed hard again, feeling my eyes well up with tears.

“So, my dear, do you see my dilemma?”

I nodded weakly.

“Good,” he sighed, smiling. “So, what I want to know is who sent you and why, and if you don’t tell me…” He trailed off, his smile turning sinister. “Well, let’s just say that James here will make you talk… amongst other things.”

I closed my eyes, strengthening my resolve, then slowly opened them again and stared at the man before me. He shook his head and sighed. “Stupid girl. Felix?”

The barrel of a gun pressed against the back of my head.


“You have until three.” I swallowed hard. “One…”

Please… Please…

“Two…”

“She’s with me!”

My body sagged with relief.
Thank you.

“Edward!” The barrel was moved from my head, and I watched with wide eyes as a man emerged from the shadows, his unruly bronze hair and pale skin making him stand out amongst those around him. “How nice of you to join us!”

No comments:

Post a Comment