Sunday 17 October 2010

Chapter Eighteen - When You Call (Teaser #2)


“So, uh… We’re good?” he asked nervously, pressing his forehead against mine.

“Almost,” I murmured, then looped my arms around his neck and gently threaded my fingers through his hair. “I don’t think we’ve finished making up yet.”

“Oh, you don’t?” he teased lightly as he raised his head and grinned at me.

“Mmm…” I mumbled, glancing over to the bedside table briefly to try and look at the clock. “What time is it?”

“A little after five,” he replied. “Don’t worry; we have plenty of time. Marcus has something to give to us before we go, anyway, so we don’t even have to worry about packing yet.”

My stomach rumbled as he spoke, and I groaned internally; I’d been sick a few days before, and my appetite had become more than a little unpredictable. Stomach, can’t you just wait a little while longer?

“Hungry, baby?” Edward murmured softly, looking down at my stomach. I blushed, then nodded.

“Since it’s so early… Do we have time do order breakfast in bed and not have to worry about sacrificing our… make up time?” I tried not to look as hopeful as I felt, but Edward’s smirk let me know I’d failed. Miserably. “Please?”

“I’ll go get the menu.”

No comments:

Post a Comment