Thursday 29 July 2010

Chapter Fourteen - Give in to the Call (Teaser)


“Nobody really comes down here, but… I mean, if you’d be more comfortable around more people, we can go ba-”

“Don’t be stupid,” I murmured, shaking my head. “I’m not a china doll, Edward. I won’t break if you touch me. I like you touching me. What happened back there happened, and you don’t have to walk on eggshells for fear of hurting me. It hurts more when you treat me differently because of it.”

“But Bella, he-”

“I know what he did,” I replied angrily. “And thinking about that? It’s just gonna hurt even worse than it already does. So stop treating me like I’ve somehow become weak and defenseless, because you’re making everything worse.”

“I’m sorry,” he said softly.

“I know,” I told him honestly, moving one hand up to touch his face and gently forcing him to look me in the eyes. “I’m okay. If I have you... I’m okay.”

2 comments:

  1. OH God, what ever happened to her I seriously hope it was not sexual assault. Cant handle it!

    Can't wait for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rape? Who would rape Bella? Royce or James.

    ReplyDelete