Saturday 24 July 2010

Chapter Thirteen - That Boy is a Monster (Teaser #2)


“Hey!” I shouted, wrapping my arm around Corinne’s shoulder to help her recover. “Watch it!”

“Or you’ll be trying what, Tink?” Corinne and I both stiffened. Royce.

“Bella, just leave it,” she mumbled, straining to move away from him. I held my ground though, and pushed her behind me as I took a step towards him, only to have Rosalie move to stand between us, dressed in a pink ballerina costume.

“Baby, calm down,” she soothed, pressing her hands against Royce’s chest.

“I’m not gonna fuckin’ calm down,” he spat, pointing drunkenly at Corinne. “She fuckin’ bumped into me.”

“It’s just a misunderstanding,” I quickly interjected, not wanting things to get too out of hand.

“Isabella? That you?” Royce gasped, then smiled widely before taking an unsteady step towards me.

“Hi, Royce,” I mumbled, awkwardly accepting his hand and allowing him to kiss my knuckles.

“You look… Wow. Where’s Eddie?”

Rosalie shot me a warning glance and shook her head slightly, warning me to be wary of my answer.

“He said he’d join us in a sec,” I told him with a smile. Right on cue, I saw Edward approaching us from behind Royce with a concerned expression on his face. He couldn’t have had better timing. “Oh! Here he is now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment