Wednesday 16 June 2010

Chapter Twelve - The Hint of a Spark (Teaser)


"Did you sleep okay?"

“I slept…” He seemed to struggle to find the words again. “Alright, I guess.”

“I’m sorry,” I murmured, smiling sadly. He shrugged.

“It’s not your fault, baby,” he sighed, gently pushing down on my lower back to coax me closer so he could press his forehead to mine. “If it weren’t for you being here, I’d have been lucky to sleep at all, and even then, it would be plagued with nightmares.”

“I wish there was more I could do,” I confessed softly, stroking his cheek with my thumb. “I feel… helpless.

“Baby, you do enough for me already,” he breathed, smiling. “Last night… Last night, you gave me everything. Every single part of you… you gave me that. And that was more than I ever…” He trailed off, shaking his head as his smile grew. I glanced down at his chest, feeling my eyes well up with tears.

“Bella?” He sounded worried. “Look at me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment