Sunday 12 September 2010

Chapter Seventeen - Love is Worth the Fall (Teaser)


“It’s silent,” I mumbled. “Why is it so-”

“Isabella.”

I sat up in shock, fisting my hand in Edward’s shirt as I held the phone closer to my ear.

“Carlisle,” I said softly, trying not to let my nerves shine through.

“What have I told you about calling me at home?”

I gritted my teeth and fought the urge to get snarky with him. “We didn’t hear back from you, and I didn’t know what else to do.”

“Yes, well, something else popped up that was more important, so…”

I clenched my eyes shut and exhaled a long breath through my nose. Okay, I deserved that.

“Is he there with you?” Carlisle asked, though we both knew he was aware of the answer.

“Yes, he is,” I told him. “But Juliet isn’t.”

Carlisle sighed. “What do you want to talk about, Isabella?”

“You’re calling me Isabella now?”

He just hummed noncommittally, which hurt more than I cared to admit. Edward looked up at me worriedly, so I tried to smile reassuringly, but when his expression didn’t change, I knew it hadn’t worked.

“Anyway, uh…” God, this was hard. “I need a favor from you.”

“A favor?”

Here goes nothing.

“I’m… I’m breaking out with Romeo and Juliet on Thanksgiving. And I can’t do it without your help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment